Imurj is slated to open today with several performing and visual artists lined up for events on Friday, March 10, 2017, and Saturday, March 11, 2017.
Imurj bills itself as an “arts destination” with the mission points:
- to promote amateur and professional artists and musicians to the next level of their career
- to provide patrons of the arts a personal experience with the art and the artists that they love.
“The Imurj collaborative arts community is composed of basic, premium, and band members that utilize member resources in the downtown Raleigh location and on the Imurj digital platform. Designed with the artist and fan in mind, the Imurj space promotes the growth and development of artists. Through a wide range of workshops, performances, lectures, and classes Imurj is curating a new type of venue.”
From the Imurj website, “the 6,000 square foot space allows members to perform, engage, and create in the cafe, main event space, gallery, art studio, and production studio. Working in partnership with the well-established local art and music businesses in the area, Imurj facilitates access to services that artists need to elevate their careers.”
The venue is located across from Nash Square, below Whiskey Kitchen. A cafe features coffee, beer, and wine for guests.
Latest posts by Lisa Jeffries (see all)
- Rum Runners Temporarily Moving from City Market to Seaboard Station - April 20, 2017
- Raleigh Downtown Farmers Market Returns for 8th Season in City Plaza - April 6, 2017
- The Wine Feed’s Hook & Vine Festival Returns Sunday, April 30, 2017 - April 3, 2017